Tinker Around

Welcome to my blog. It is full of basic projects and tutorials for things that I have done and feel like others out there would benefit from learning too. Be sure to take time to leave me a comment. Thanx, Pam

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painting Seminar and Craft Show

Well, I don't think that I have caught up on my sleep yet.  What a blast I had painting with Ros Stallcup last week.  I learned a LOT and had a BLAST!!!  What a great lady!!  IF you have NO idea who I am talking about, you can find her at  http://www.gransgarden.com/   Ros is such a spectacular woman and so down to earth!

Ok, here are some pictures of the paintings we did and of the group.  Each morning we started around 9am and we took two breaks and a lunch...finishing up around 4:30pm each evening.  On to the pictures...
Learning the basic rose.

Ros in action, what a great teacher!

Ros and Me!

Our Snowscape.  We didn't use any white in this painting.  There were some light blues and a fleshy color that were combined for the snow.  Amazing.

I was really surprised at how easy Ros made it.  We all followed along at a rather quick pace. There is stucco under the painting, and that really was great for dry brushing techniques.  

Some of the ladies during one of our breaks.

The finished Roses.  There is stucco underneath and some stenciling on the corners.  Really is much more dramatic in person.


Now, on to the craft show at the 18th Annual Kosher Chili Cook-Off.  I don't think that I have ever seen or felt so much wind in one day, and was quickly reminded why I really don't care for outdoor shows.  The shoppers were really kind and I met some interesting folks.  I took pictures of some of my favorite vendors and under each picture I will put their contact information.  So, let's take a look at who my picks were for best of vendors...

Yesteryear Chimes
Hand Crafted From Vintage Plates
Bob & Carolyn Mason
North Richland Hills, Texas 76182
Custom Work Upon Request
817-607-8139
682-365-3757
yesteryearchimes@sbcglobal.net



Colors of the Season
Nancy Friedman
friedman.nancy@att.net
www.colorsoftheseason.com
972-863-7183 home
818-261-1520 cell


Really Great Gifts
for those who have everything!
Jane Christensen
972-620-1270
Addison, TX 75001
Closet Safes
Pink Awareness Items
janeychristensen@yahoo.com



Yes, these are made of golf clubs, balls and tees.
Bill is a REAL recycler! 
Bill Yancy
Garland, Texas
papawbill94@yahoo.com
214-729-8954




All their info is up top on the sign.  You can see that even the older kids where helping out here.  Oh, and their CHILI  WAS  ALARMINGLY  HOT!!!  But oh so yummy!


All the bounce houses were put out by this group.  I don't think the houses were empty once the show started!  The kids flew to these things like magnets.


Her info is right there on her sign.  I had never personally heard of vegan soap.



Jane Todres
phone 972-612-1968
cell 972-529-0658
janestudio@aol.com
Tomorrow's Today
Plano, Texas 75093





This guy was great!!  
Rainbow Entertainment
972-267-8474
www.rainbowentertainment.com
richard@rainbowentertainment.com 
Richard S. Pollak
(I think that this is the agency that the guy on stilts uses.)


And this, is Me at my booth!
One Stroke with Pam
www.picturetrail.com/tinkartist
giftofgabsave@hotmail.com


Well, thank you for stopping by.  Not sure what we will be doing next week.  I am always open to suggestions.  Please leave a comment here before you go, I really enjoy hearing from my readers!









No comments:

Post a Comment