Tinker Around

Welcome to my blog. It is full of basic projects and tutorials for things that I have done and feel like others out there would benefit from learning too. Be sure to take time to leave me a comment. Thanx, Pam

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cutting out a Skirt for your Christmas Tree

This post will be of more interest to my painting ladies group, as we are going to be painting the Twelve Days of Christmas around a tree skirt.  The fabric that I am using is the Roclon Black Out fabric, I got mine at Hancocks.  Most any fabric store will carry this, as it is a staple supply for those that make curtains.  It is 54" fabric and comes on a roll, so you will need 1 1/2 yards to make a full circle.  There are going to be lots of pictures to walk you through the process of how I cut mine out.  IF you have a way that you do it that is different than mine, if it works for you...go for it.



















So now then, I think you have more than enough to be able to cut your own tree skirt out.  In the next few weeks and months, my students and I will be painting the Twelve Days of Christmas around the outside of the fabric.  You could use felt or a nice cotton and do some embroidery around it.  I hope that you have found this tutorial helpful.  When my skirt is completed, I will come back and post a finished picture for you.  See ya in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. ciao Pam sei simpaticissima ,il tuo bolg é molto bello ed hai una famiglia bella come sei tu ,passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete